Five foods that decrease sperm health
- Processed meats. This is not surprising—recent studies link processed meats to all sorts of illnesses.
- Trans fats.
- Soy products.
- Pesticides and bisphenol a (BPA)
- High fat dairy products.
- Fruits and veggies.
What foods are bad for fertility?
The “Fertility Diet”
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein.
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources.
What foods are good for sperm?
Foods high in sperm count-boosting nutrients include bananas, dark chocolate, ginseng, and walnuts.
- citrus fruits.
- whole wheat and grains.
- most fish, especially wild salmon, cod, and haddock.
- most shellfish, especially oysters.
- vitamin D enhanced milk and milk products.
- dark chocolate.
What causes weak sperm?
Health, lifestyle and other causes
Other causes of low sperm count include: Drug use. Anabolic steroids taken to stimulate muscle strength and growth can cause the testicles to shrink and sperm production to decrease. Use of cocaine or marijuana might reduce the number and quality of your sperm as well.
How can I improve my sperm health?
Here are 10 science-backed ways to boost sperm count and increase fertility in men.
- Take D-Aspartic Acid Supplements.
- Exercise Regularly.
- Get Enough Vitamin C.
- Relax and Minimize Stress.
- Get Enough Vitamin D.
- Try Tribulus Terrestris.
- Take Fenugreek Supplements.
- Get Enough Zinc.